ABOUT EXCHANGE PRESBYTERIAN
Ms. Joy Rajaram
Exchange Presbyterian School is dedicated to providing opportunities to foster the all round development of our students in a stimulating supportive teaching/ learning environment
At Exchange Presbyterian School we focus on our core values and the spiritual development of the child. Hence the day begins with devorion. In addition, teachers exercise good classroom management while the principal and volunteers (teachers) maintain discipline during lunch and recess intervals. despite our best efforts approximately 5% of our students continue to commit acts of indiscipline. However, appropriate sanctions are enforced. Students who display serious deviant behavior are referred to the Student Support Services.
Exchange Presbyterian School which is located at Bryce Street, Couva, was established July 1st 1873. It was first called the Exchange Canadian Mission Indian School (CMI), later it was called the Exchange Presbyterian School. Many of the children attending this school belonged to the generation of the cane farming population. Spanning its 142nd year of its history, this noble institution has produced many prominent people in every sphere of life who have made invaluable contributions to the development of our country. Today, many of our students come from affluent homes whose parents are professionals while others are employed at the Point Lisas Industrial Estate, Couva.
The physical design of the school, basically L-shaped, has proven to be quite advantageous for administrative purposes as it allows the principal a view of the entire school and all activities from the office. The present enrolment of six hundred and thirty-six (636) is above the design capacity of four hundred and fifty (450) resulting in severe overcrowding. In spite of this, the school is synonymous with high academic achievement and other areas of the curriculum. This is due to the dedication and commitment of the members of staff.